Showing all 15 results
This unit is designed to build on unit 1 as student explore the concept of area and relate the area of rectangles to multiplication as well as solving area problems. Students also learn some standard unit of area such as square inches, square centimeters, square feet and square meters as they solve real-world problems! By the end of the unit, students find the area and missing side lengths of figures composed on non-overlapping rectangles.
This resource includes both student and teacher materials.
Number of Lessons: 13 and 2 optional
Lesson Time: Approximately 60 minutes. Please note that each lesson is designed for one instructional block, and may be divided into shorter or longer segments based on teacher pacing and student needs.
View a short preview video here
See description below for more details.
Teach students the names and attributes of ten 3D shapes. Students will also be asked to distinguish between 2D and 3D shapes with this resource! Shapes include the cube, sphere, cone, rectangular prism, triangular prism, hexagonal prism, pentagonal prism, pyramid, cylinder, hemisphere
What you get in the resource:
- – 5 worksheets asking students to distinguish between 2D and 3D shapes
- – 5 worksheets teaching students the names of 3D shapes. Students will also write the names
- – 5 worksheets on which students will be given the names and 3D shapes and asked to draw each
- – 2 worksheets asking students to identify an attribute (faces)
- – 2 worksheets asking students to identify an attribute (corner / vertices)
- – 2 worksheets asking students to identify an attribute (edges)
- – 4 worksheets where students will match 3D shapes with their names
- – Answer Keys
Bundle and SAVE! This bundle will give you 22 colorful shape posters for your classroom bulletin board or a Math center.
What you get:
- 2D shape posters set: circle, diamond, heart, hexagon, kite, octagon, oval, parallelogram, pentagon, rhombus, square, star, trapezoid and triangle
- 3D shape poster set: cone, pyramid, cube, prism, cylinder, sphere
- Polygon family tree set: Poster #1 Polygons: triangle pentagon, heptagon, quadrilateral, hexagon, octagon
In geometry, students need to be able to identify a variety of irregular shapes! Here are 10 worksheets for students to practice identifying the following shapes:
- – quadrilateral
- – pentagon
- – hexagon
- – nonagon
- – heptagon
- – octagon
- – decagon
Answer Keys included.
This February NO PREP packet is everything you’ll need for ! This Valentine’s Day themed resource is jam packed with a variety of activities to get your students and important : addition, subtraction, multiplication, word problems, critical thinking, geometry, measurement, time, fractions and more.
Read the description below for more details of the skills covered in this resource or view a complete flipbook preview here!
This resource provides 7 different Spring-themed images for students to use as patterns for their pattern blocks. All images are given in both color and b/w. (See description below for more information)
How do Pattern Blocks help students? As their name suggests, pattern blocks are used to create, identify, and extend patterns. Students use the many relationships among the pieces to explore fractions, angles, transformations, patterning, symmetry, and measurement! One fun activity for younger students to do with pattern blocks is to create pictures with them.
Here are three Math Geometry posters (polygon family trees) to display in your classroom! These will be a great visual addition to help introduce the relationships between shapes and shape vocabulary.
- will show: triangle pentagon, heptagon, quadrilateral, hexagon, octagon,
- will show: acute (scalene, isosceles, equilateral), obtuse (scalene, isosceles), right (scalene, isosceles)
- will show parallelograms (rhombuses, rectangles, squares), non-parallelograms (trapezoids, trapeziums, kites)
This will be a perfect addition to your classroom activities! Create a fun, themed differentiated Math activity (or center) using this unit because I have provided 3 different types of pattern mats to accommodate different learning levels:
- Color patterns with lines
- BW patterns with lines
- BW outline only patterns
This resource includes 77 student worksheets designed to cover a multitude of 2nd-3rd grade math skills such as:
- – Addition & subtraction (with and without carrying / borrowing)
- – Word problems
- – Critical thinking skills
- – Find the missing addend or subtrahend
- – Odd & Even numbers
- – Roman Numerals
- – Order of operations
- – Expanded form
- – Skip counting (by 50, 100, 250)
- – Rounding (nearest 10, 100)
- – Telling time
- – Counting money
- – Fractions (equivalent, comparing)
- – Multiplication & Division
- – Measurement
- – Shapes (2D & 3D)
- – Early Geometry (faces, edges, vertices, perimeter)