Showing all 11 results
This weather vocabulary unit with activities is designed for 3rd-5th grade classrooms studying weather terms. It includes 43 weather terms with definitions (+ part of speech) plus the following types of activities to help students learn the words and their meanings:
* Vocabulary study sheet
* Spelling Challenge
* Word Jumble
* Alphabetical Order
* Alphabetical Order + Decoder Ring
* Word Search | Wacky Trails
* Word Frameup Puzzle
* Crossword Puzzle
* Weather Term Definitions | Optional assessment
* Weather Multiple Choice | Optional assessment
* 7 Additional “Suggested Ideas” for additional learning
See description below for details!
Studying amphibians? Help students learn important amphibian related vocabulary words and definitions while practicing copy work and handwriting (cursive). This resource include 22 vocabulary words and definitions. (See below description for included words)
Use these 3 Vocabulary Word Map templates to aid your students in their study of individual words. Each word map will ask the students to write the word, the definition, what each is like (give synonyms, or adjectives – descriptors) and examples.
There are also blank lines under each word map. You can have students use these lines for a variety of things…such as using the word in a sentence or adding prefixes and suffixes!
with this MLK – Martin Luther King, Jr. resource! Use as a standalone resource or as a springboard to further MLK study during the month of January or anytime.
- – Vocabulary Packet: 39 words
- – MLK Creative Writing assignment
- – Alphabetical Order
- – Scrambled Letters Worksheets
- – Word Search
Help your students study and learn new vocabulary. This resource can be used in any subject and with multiple grades.
On the worksheet, students will:
- Write the word
- Write what they ‘think’ the word means
- The actual dictionary meaning for the word
- Name the part of speech
- Write a synonym
- Write an antonym
- Use the word in a sentence
- Break up the word (if possible): prefix / root / suffix
Here is a 6 page reference guide to Latin word roots! For each root, a meaning is given as well as word examples.
ab, a, abs | away | abduct, abnormal, abrasion
alter | other | alternative, altercation
ject | throw | inject, projection
vad, vas | go | evade, evasive