Showing all 20 results
with this MLK – Martin Luther King, Jr. resource! Use as a standalone resource or as a springboard to further MLK study during the month of January or anytime.
- – Vocabulary Packet: 39 words
- – MLK Creative Writing assignment
- – Alphabetical Order
- – Scrambled Letters Worksheets
- – Word Search
$1.50Buy NowThis MLK resource is a fun concentration / memory / matching card game. Students will love playing!Benefits of matching /memory games include…
– train visual memory
– increase short term memory
– increase attention to detail
– improve the ability to find similarities and differences in object.
Here are two activities that students can do to get them thinking about Earth Day and recycling:
- The first is a Venn diagram on which students will select 2 materials (from a given list) and compare and contrast them. (examples from the list: paper vs. plastic / natural vs man-made / can be decomposed vs cannot be decomposed)
- The second activity will ask students to choose 5 things that can be recycled (from a given list) and give as many examples as they can for each.
Celebrate Groundhog Day this February and help student while ! Students will practice handwriting skills, syllable work, critical thinking, sentence writing, predicting and graphing and learn the parts of groundhog and fun facts such as groundhogs are also known as woodchucks, how long they live, where they live (habitat), what they eat and more!
Read the below description for more information on this Groundhog Day resource or see a preview here!
This Earth Day product includes a large number of activities for 2nd, 3rd and 4th grades for Language Arts and Science!
- – A COMPLETE Lapbooking unit
- – A VARIETY of Language arts activities including vocabulary work (Earth, recycle, reuse, reduce, conserve, resources, water, land, air, awareness, environment, clean, responsible, renewable, energy, natural) ; Mini-Books to create ; Reading comprehension ; Earth Day similes ; Poetry creation and more!
- – Science Activities such as materials categorizing and sorting
- – Answer Keys
Two Earth Day themed word search puzzles for your students!
- – Words for Puzzle #1: animal, earth, green, growth, plant, recycle
- – Words for Puzzle #2: animal, conserve, earth, ecology, environment, growth, plant, recycle, reduce, reuse, soil, water
Why word puzzles? Studies have shown that word search and other word puzzles can help improve memory, focus, vocabulary, word recognition, pattern recognition, and overall mental acuity!
2 fun maze puzzles with an Earth Day theme.
Why mazes? A maze might just look like a fun way to pass time, but they’re actually a valuable learning tool for children. Here’s why:
- -For children, completing mazes is a great way to boost their problem solving skills.
- -Solving mazes also boosts their patience and persistence and teaches them about the rewards of work.
- -Mazes can also help improve a child’s cognitive thought processes.
- -Solving mazes are wonderful for improving hand-eye coordination.
- -Concentrating on a maze also helps with memory too