Showing all 7 results
This resource provides students with engaging materials to create a lasting Memorial Day project. Students are given suggested Memorial Day topics to study as well as a list of suggested books (to get them started). As students learn about Memorial Day and associated vocabulary (included), they willl organize and record the information within their notebooking project. Templates are designed for collecting and recording research information, reports, timelines, vocabulary work, poetry and more.
– Creating a Notebooking Project…What is notebooking instructional page
– Supply list
– Evaluation rubric
– Organizational Pages for student use
– Suggested topics and reading list
– Related vocabulary list
– 3 Cover pages
– 27 different notebooking template pages (each in both color and b/w)
This informational article will teach students about Memorial Day…
– Why we have set the day aside to celebrate
– Who we honor
– What it was originally called
– How it is observed (traditions)
After reading the text, students will be asked 7 short answer questions to assess comprehension and understanding.
Want to teach Kindergarten or 1st graders about Memorial Day? Here is a unit designed just for them!
Students will learn about this patriotic holiday which is observed in May as they trace, color, draw, create words, write sentences and create a card to give a current or former service member.
This resource includes 20 vocabulary words related to Memorial Day ready to print, laminate and use in your classroom (word wall).
– Spelling words for one week in May
– Social Studies vocabulary words to study while learning about the holiday
– Assign a Memorial Day writing lesson having students use as many words as possible