A Day in History – Investigation Station is a series of fun sleuthing research activities based on a single event on a specific day in history! This resource focus is on California. Investigation ideas include the ‘Gold Rush’, the Compromise of 1850, the state’s long and rich history, the geography and the natural resources.
Students will learn about an event and be given several topics from which to choose to ‘investigate’. After some exploration, students are asked to write what they have discovered and name used sources.
So…with each lesson, students will:
▪ (Read) Learn one ‘On this Day in History’ fact.
▪ (Investigate) Take a related topic and explore it through the use of different forms of media (i.e. books, internet).
▪ (Write) Summarize and write what they have discovered. This also should include the recording of sources.
Subscribe Now and get instant access to all downloads!
— OR —
There are no reviews yet.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Here is a quick and easy, one page reference which lists all of the Dolch sight words for: Pre-primer, Primer, 1st, 2nd and 3rd grades.
Combining Geography and Art, students will discover the state flower for each of the 50 U.S. States! Each page has a large state flower to color + the state name. Whether you are studying each state or simply want to provide some fun but educational activities to your classroom, students will enjoy this resource.
Studying the state of Wisconsin? Perhaps doing a unit on Ornithology? Check out this Notebooking set designed around the Wisconsin State Bird!
What type of pages are contained in this set:
– A map page (for the state)
– Scientific classification page
– A page for students to give details about the bird’s physical description, habitat, diet, life span and reproduction
– A page where students will do additional map work to show where in the U.S. the bird lives in addition to migration information
– Coloring page
– Several pages on which students can use for expository and/or creative writing as well as sections in which students may draw.
14 pages in all and is designed for different levels / abilities.
Looking for fun Winter Math activities? Check out my Snowman Graphing for 2nd and 3rd Grades unit. Your students will have fun creating unique ‘dressed’ snowmen. After all are complete, the graphing activity(ies) can begin! Great as a whole class activity, or in cooperative groups and/or centers. This has been created for 2nd and 3rd grades, however younger or older students might enjoy as well.