Students will love creating their very own dreidel and then playing! A dreidel is a spinning top, with four sides, each marked with a different Hebrew letter (nun, gimel, hay and shin). The custom of playing dreidel on Hanukkah is based on a legend that, during the time of the Maccabees, when Jewish children were forbidden from studying Torah, they would defy the decree and study anyway. When a Greek official would come close they would put away their books and take out spinning tops, claiming they were just playing games.
Subscribe Now and get instant access to all downloads!
— OR —
There are no reviews yet.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Studying the Jewish celebration of Hanukkah? You’ll want your students to know holiday related vocabulary terms and this resource will provide definitions and word activities for 16 words.
Studying the state of Wisconsin? Perhaps doing a unit on Ornithology? Check out this Notebooking set designed around the Wisconsin State Bird!
What type of pages are contained in this set:
– A map page (for the state)
– Scientific classification page
– A page for students to give details about the bird’s physical description, habitat, diet, life span and reproduction
– A page where students will do additional map work to show where in the U.S. the bird lives in addition to migration information
– Coloring page
– Several pages on which students can use for expository and/or creative writing as well as sections in which students may draw.
14 pages in all and is designed for different levels / abilities.
No need to laminate, prep or use any color ink…just PRINT and GO!
Includes 5 student pages:
* Coloring page
* Color & Trace page with basic facts
* Color & Write page for students to complete the name of the president, his birthday and 2 facts about him
* Color & Write page for students to create a short report
* Mini-Book for students to complete about the president
Not a fan of grade books? Here is a one page Grade Keeper for you to keep track of student grades in each of your classes. Set it up as you like as there are 32 rows and 16 columns. Flexible to make it what you want it to be. This form is not editable and does require you to hand write information.