Example scenes you’ll find in this resource:
- Boy fishing at a pond with a bug spray at his feet and a squirrel beside some cans that have been discarded
- A pirate ship anchored at the shore of a tropical island
- Two girls at a park. One flying a kite and happy while the other girl (with a dog) looks upset.
- A moose walking by a river
Again, there are 11 different scenes from which to pick and choose!
- Place in a writing center and allow students to choose which picture inspires them the most.
- Assign the same page to several students. Then, allow them to share their stories to see how different (or similar) they are!
- Create a fun bulletin board displaying completed student work.