Some of the included items…
- – K-W-L
- – Informational Text: Mayflower before the Pilgrims
- – The Mayflowers Crew (Job titles and duties)
- – Sections of the Mayflower (Rooms/Areas and uses)
- – Names of navigational instruments of the day
- – Farewell letter read to the passengers prior to departure from Pastor John Robinson
- – Mayflower Passenger List
- – Informational Text: Food and Life Aboard the Mayflower
- – Pilgrim Fact Cards
- – Class outdoor activity
- – Answer Keys
After completion, students will have gained invaluable knowledge about life onboard a ship such as the Mayflower as well many of the reasons such a voyage was taken and a bit about life after they arrived into the New World.
I have included a list of books and web links that can be used for additional learning.