On worksheets 1-4 (Topics: Best Friends, Super Hero, Dream Job, Favorite Sport), students will be…
- Guided to create a main idea through a question
- Next, they will answer questions specifically about the main idea to guide them in writing details surrounding their main idea
On worksheets 5-6, (Topics: Dogs, Cats) students will be…
- Guided to create a main idea (being asked if they think a (dog or cat) would make a good pet).
- Next, they will be asked to give 4 reasons for why they answered the way they did. Suggested ‘ideas to think about’ are given.
On worksheet 7, students will be…
- Asked to create their very own ‘topic’
- Create a main idea around that topic
- Write 4 supporting details around their main idea.
Worksheet #8 can be used multiple times. It is a “Time to Write” page where students are to take the information they created on the previous pages and write a paragraph using their main idea and supporting details!
Learning to CREATE supporting details will translate over to students being able to find them in their reading as well. 🙂
There are no reviews yet.