Please note – This literature textbook has literary works only and does not contain lesson plans, worksheets, answer keys, etc. However, the introduction of each section will have questions for students to ponder.
For example, here are the questions from the main introduction:
The works in this section are meant to be compared and contrasted. Consider the following questions while reading:
- What views of the New World and the Old World do we find in Renaissance literature? What do we learn about the writers who present those views?
- How does the definition of leadership change in works such as The Prince, Hamlet, and Don Quixote?
- What do we learn about heroism in the Renaissance? How has it changed?
- What concepts of morality do we find in Gargantua and Pantagruel, Hamlet, and The Prince?
The texts also can be compared and contrasted with earlier time periods:
- What are the differences among ancient world warriors, medieval knights, and Renaissance soldiers? How does that affect the Renaissance definition of a hero?
- How has the view of authority (and authority figures) changed from the Ancient World to the Renaissance?
- How has the role of women in society changed over time in these works? In what ways has it not changed?
- Culture shock: How would Hamlet react if he were dropped into the Iliad? What would the characters in the Iliad think about him, and why? How would the situation change if Hamlet were dropped into the Tale of Genji?
Click the following links for Parts 1 and 2:
This resource is a under Creative Commons license and is being shared legally through maintaining all copyright data. It is available for instant downloads by members. If you are not a member, the price that you are charged is simply a fee to help us maintain site storage and cover data transfer when you download. Since this resource is a Creative Commons resource, you may be able to find this elsewhere on the web.
BE the FIRST to know about NEW Products by joining the…
My Teaching Library FB group
Posts are made in this group first!!