After students read one page of informational text, their comprehension and understand will be assessed through and . The lesson is then further extended by in which students are asked to give their own opinions when relating the the issues of punishment and fairness to their own lives.
- The Coleman-Liau Index: 9 – Grade level:
- The SMOG Index: 10.4 – Grade level:
- Flesch-Kincaid Grade Level: 11.3 – Grade level:
- Use as mini-lessons while studying British rule of the Colonies
- Use for test prep when preparing for standardized tests
- Place in a sub-folder
- Give as homework