For the Teacher:
- Suggested Pre-Reading, About the Cover, After Reading and About the Art work questions are provided. These should be teacher directed.
Guided reading is ‘small-group reading instruction designed to provide differentiated teaching that supports students in developing reading proficiency’. The small group model allows students to be taught in a way that is intended to be more focused on their specific needs, accelerating their progress.
For the Students:
- Worksheet for students to answer questions from the story
- Worksheet to produce questions while reading
- Worksheet to produce questions after finishing the reading
- 2 art responses
- 3 worksheets for students to go beyond the reading to answer questions that require them to share their opinions/thoughts.
- Duck shape book for students to use in any way you wish. Perhaps to write their own story, a summary of the book, to record rhyming words, vocabulary words, etc. (You decide!)
- 3 ‘Color and Cut’ pages
- Suggested extended activities (14 ideas given) – These will help you extend the learning into Science and Social Studies!
All writing pages include dashed lines because this has been designed for 1st – 2nd grades and will allow students to practice correct handwriting.