Students will learn about the following constellations:
- Canis Major
- Canis Minor
- Ursa Minor
They will learn the location of the following stars:
They will also learn which constellations are called the Northern Circumpolar constellations PLUS the Greek Mythology behind these major constellations!
Student activity sheets include:
- Fill in the blank (constellation and star names for the ‘Winter Sky’)
- Draw and name (the five circumpolar constellations and the North Star)
- Crossword Puzzle (in which they will use the information within the resource to gather answers)
Suggested follow up activities:
- Assign students to go outside after dark, find and draw the constellations they see and can identify.
- Visit a local planetarium