Students love entomology! What is that bug? Some may use the term MINI-BEAST. Is it an insect, a spider, a slug? “I found this bug in the woods, but what is it called?” To help answer student questions like these, here is an easy to use PICTORIAL IDENTIFICATION KEY!
Woodland minibeasts included on this picture guide: snail, worm, larvae (pupae), slug, beetle, earwig, aphid, weevil, harvestman, spider, woodlouse, centipede and millipede (all common creepy crawlies found in the woods)
Subscribe Now and get instant access to all downloads!
— OR —
There are no reviews yet.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Looking for fun Winter Math activities? Check out my Snowman Graphing for 2nd and 3rd Grades unit. Your students will have fun creating unique ‘dressed’ snowmen. After all are complete, the graphing activity(ies) can begin! Great as a whole class activity, or in cooperative groups and/or centers. This has been created for 2nd and 3rd grades, however younger or older students might enjoy as well.
This 21 page resource will take students step by step through a guided identification process for invertebrates. This key is designed for 6th – 12th grades.
Studying the state of Wisconsin? Perhaps doing a unit on Ornithology? Check out this Notebooking set designed around the Wisconsin State Bird!
What type of pages are contained in this set:
– A map page (for the state)
– Scientific classification page
– A page for students to give details about the bird’s physical description, habitat, diet, life span and reproduction
– A page where students will do additional map work to show where in the U.S. the bird lives in addition to migration information
– Coloring page
– Several pages on which students can use for expository and/or creative writing as well as sections in which students may draw.
14 pages in all and is designed for different levels / abilities.
Students love learning through interactive, hands-on games! This Science resource will help your students learn to identify and classify animals based on the habitat in which they live! Includes 8 habitats and 72 animal cards.