For the Teacher:
- Suggested Pre-Reading, About the Cover, After Reading and About the Art work questions are provided. These should be teacher directed.
Guided reading is ‘small-group reading instruction designed to provide differentiated teaching that supports students in developing reading proficiency’. The small group model allows students to be taught in a way that is intended to be more focused on their specific needs, accelerating their progress. Questions have been designed to help assess students in a variety of ELA skills (see those chosen).
For the Students:
- Worksheet for students to answer questions from the story
- Worksheet to produce questions while reading
- Worksheet to produce questions after finishing the reading
- 3 art responses
- Vocabulary – Word Wall / Flash Cards with definitions provided (Suggested use: Have students match definitions and discuss during group)
- Vocabulary Fill-in-the-blank worksheet
- 2 extended writing prompts with pages to produce student writing.
All writing pages include dashed and solid lines because this has been designed for 1st -3rd grades. You choose what is best for your students’ needs and abilities!
Lexile Measure: 360L