– Several handwriting pages are included. These range from writing the word, groundhog, writing associated vocabulary and a one page explanation of ‘Phil’ and how he predicts the weather based on his shadow. Handwriting copy work pages are in two styles (differentiated) – manuscript and cursive.
– A couple comprehension worksheets for students to complete based on the ‘Phil’ passage
– Several ‘guided questions’ writing pages for students to answer questions, make predictions, and give their opinions.
– A couple themed writing paper for students to use for creative writing or reports.
– Group predictions worksheet to graph student predictions
– Labeled ‘parts of a groundhog’ poster (or) coloring page
– Syllable worksheets (using related vocabulary)
– Science learning page about the lives of groundhogs
– Comprehension worksheet to be used with the Science learning page
– Art page for students to draw a groundhog and a groundhog’s burrow
– Vocabulary Word Search
– Paper bag puppet template
Here are additional Groundhog Day resources you’ll love:
Looking for a ground-dwelling mammal resource? Check out: Fossorial Mammals | Ground Dwelling | Science Research and Report Activity
BE the FIRST to know about NEW Products by joining the
My Teaching Library FB group
Posts are made in this group first!!